In a lot of ways, my life is perfect. Nevertheless, a part of me is always depressed. It’s a feeling that can’t be explained. It makes you distant from people and it makes you second guess everything you do on a daily basis. However, it’s not something that you can’t overcome. Yes, it’s just a phase like everything else in your life everyone goes through at least once in their life and if they are strong enough, they don’t let it sink into their skin.
How I have embraced my sadness:
- Let it out: Depression makes you feel like no one cares enough about you or rather you’re not worth anyone’s time. Which in today’s world is a known fact, yet your family can be your biggest support system. If you’re depressed, talk to your family or friends anyone you can fully trust and let out the anxiety. Don’t let those feelings, bury inside like old grudges, ’cause they don’t do you no good.
- Positivity: It might sound like a cliche, but you need to look at the positive things in life. Yes, your day went horrible and you lost your job or something major happened, but you need to count the positive things. You survived, you woke up, you got to see the sunrise or sunset, you were fortunate enough to get food. There is always something to be thankful for.
- It takes its sweet time: Usually when someone is depressed they want to move away from it as soon as possible, but It takes time to shift the curve. Don’t get mad at yourself for being upset or sad, embrace your darkness. You won’t always be happy in life, there’ll be times when queer thoughts will creep in but know that it’s only temporary.
- Things change: Once you go through that dark side, prepare yourself for some massive change. Nothing remains the same anymore. Everything changes, you either take your life seriously or you start living it to the fullest. Things that used to make you laugh, don’t make you laugh anymore. Things that intrigued you don’t seem to interest you anymore. It can be good or it can be bad, depending on who you’re.
- Feel your emotions: When your heart breaks into million pieces only then do you feel like a full functioning human. How would you know you’re truly happy if you have never experienced sadness? Sadness can be a blessing as well as a curse. People have made the primary purpose of their life to need/want/get/achieve. However, sometimes, sadness can spark a new purpose or meaning.